Saturday, May 31, 2008

The Last Stand!

Ok, so maybe that is a little dramatic, but I took my final step into married life yesterday. I will admit this was the hardest one for me to take. I took my paycheck and deposited it into "our" account. AHHHHHHHHH!!! Again, I recognize this a a bit dramatic, but I've been in charge of my money for a very long time. Knowing what comes in and what goes out. Now, I gladly give the bill paying over to Jake, but I wasn't sure I was ready to give up the freedom of stopping at Starbucks whenever I wanted or buying that cute shirt at the Gap, just because I liked it. Now he will see everything!!! Oh the madness. He and I have talked about this and its funny, he is feeling the same anxiety I am. See Jake and I both like to spend money, one of the things we have in common, so it was reassuring to know that he was nervous as well. My hesitation was more connected to that part of me that likes control. I know, I just admitted that I am a bit of a control freak, but we are all friends here right? I am a control freak...there I said it. Truthfully since a young age I've had to be in control of my life so it was difficult for me to give up this last bit of "perceived" control. But as we were paying bills this morning I realized, this is how it should be. What is mine is his and what is his is mine. I'll be sure to remind him of that when there's a new Coach purse I want ;)

Blessings,
Christine

No comments: