Friday, May 23, 2008

Permission

Ok, so as I've mentioned before I was single quite a while before Mr. Right came into my life. And while most of those days I was dreaming of being married, there were certain perks to not having responsibility and only needing to answer to myself. Well, as most of you know, that changes when you get married. Honestly, having to "check" if I could do something was seriously something I was dreading. Why after all this time was I going to have to start asking for permission to do things. But, as a Godly wife it was part of my role. Well, the first instance of having to ask for permission came the other night. There is a movie coming out next weekend that I'm dying to see. Its more of a chick movie. Its also a movie that is based on a television show, OK, most of you by now know what I'm talking about, its my guilty pleasure, but moving past that. Since it is based on a TV show that Jake has never seen I just assumed he would be out of the loop if he went with me to see it and quite honestly I wanted to see it with my friend Lisa. She and I both watched the show and knew what was going on. She called and said that she may be able to get a sitter for next Friday and to "check" to see if I could go. There is was...I had to check. And you know, I didn't skip a beat. It didn't phase me at all. So, I checked. Jake was shocked. He told me that of course I could go, and that he didn't want me to ask "permission" to do things. What? Wow, what just happened. Then I told him he was invited to go with us, and he said No. He knew I needed my time and said that he would stay home while I went out and did my thing. Amazing. What an amazing husband I have. I know I gush on him all the time, but its true. He knows when to be the caretaker and when to let me be independent. Its amazing. I really did wait a long time to find Mr. Right and although I would never have dreamed I would say this, it really was worth it. God has been working on me for the last zillion years, and finally I realize why. God is great, not that I ever doubted it, sometimes its nice to see the obvious reminders.
Blessings,
Christine

1 comment:

ocm said...

: )

Sounds like you're blessings are abundant! ...and...that you're having some 'nice' surprises rather than 'growing' surprises these days!


Hope the movie is great! ...I really hope Indy is too!

: )

(you should leave comments too!!!)