Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Balance

Now that we are officially moved, it has been difficult to find balance in putting things in there new place and finding time for us.  We are both so motivated to get things cleaned up, but by spending too much time each evening working we lose the few hours we have together before we need to get ready for bed and have to start it all over again.  I have been finding myself constantly reminding my sweet husband that "we will get it done" as he is still trying to find little things to hang or fix.  He wants to do so much for me, but what I need him to do is just stop and rest with me.  I normally win this battle, like tonight for example, we hung a few things and he wanted to keep going, but what are we doing...sitting on the couch watching Deadliest Catch and relaxing.  This is my favorite time of the evening, when all the chores are done and we can just be.  With all the changes that are going on in our lives that is the thing I am anxiously awaiting, a time when we can just be.  Right now we are finding balance in our daily task of making our new home, next we will need to find balance to add the gym back into our lives.  This is the one I'm most focused on, I need to make time for me to take care of myself, going to the gym is the first part of that.  So, as I'm typing and thinking about balance I wonder where are you struggling with balance?  I have found that achieving balance has to be intentional, and it takes prayer and support.  In our world today there are so many things waiting to throw us off balance and I find that relying on God helps me to refocus and find my balance again.
Blessings,

post signature

2 comments:

Lees said...

Daily... struggling daily to balance all things... what is important... what can wait... what is over the top...and what is necessary.

Trying to balance the changes...want to be healthier, sexier (for hubby), a more intentional mom and friend... so many things to work on that I just stop and fall back into place...

ocm said...

time-money-life! Balance is such a struggle these days.

In life--balancing commitments, work, friendships (near & far) and time to rest...be still.

In work--trying to balance the caseload/detailed busywork/committees and co-workers.

Sometimes I feel stretched to the core...I thank the Lord that he brings me down...and reminds me it's not about me--it's about HIM...and all these things are about HIS GLORY.

I may not always like that I fall ill or lock my keys somewhere...but always, if I don't stop to listen to HIM- - - -He WILL slow me down!

prayers - love dew!
: )