Monday, February 9, 2009

Home Sweet Home


We have made it home from not so sunny California.  It was a great trip even though it rained the entire, yes I mean entire time we were there.  Here is Jake waiting in line for "Its a Small World", I'm not sure he'd want me broadcasting that he willingly went on that particular ride...but I guess its too late for that now isn't it?
Even though it was a wet trip it was still a great way to spend my birthday.  We met up with Steven and Susan and their little girl...here she is...isn't she the cutest?
It was great to catch up with them and a nice way to take a break from the weather.  And we celebrated my 35Th birthday...Ugh...35, is it weird I still feel 18?  
I got my very own Happy Birthday button, truthfully the only reason I wanted to go to the park on my birthday.  All in all it was wonderful to be away and spend time together.  One small disturbing thing happened while we were gone though.  I had given myself permission to drink Coke while I was at Disneyland.  I was so excited, I had a full on Coca-Cola binge planned, but oddly enough when I did drink it, I only had one, no refills no 32oz ( a new addition at DL by the way), just the normal size coke.  What is wrong with me.  Even on my birthday, only one refill, I never thought the day would come when I would willingly drink coke in moderation.  I guess old age does strange things to people.  I'm not sure I even know who I am anymore...ok, that is a bit of an exaggeration, but something new and different none the less.  So, now I'm back to no Coke and oddly I'm ok with it, not loving it but ok.  Who am I?????

post signature

4 comments:

Auntie Em said...

My dear we always surprise ourselves. Age doesn't seem to matter.

I know I can not for the life of me begin to realize that I will be celebrating my 69th birthday on the 31st of next month, but alas, my birth certificate more than confirms that I was born on March 31, 1940, right here in my little corner of the world in a little house that my Dad built and it is still being lived in this day.

ocm said...

***newsflash***
Christine has actually been abducted by an alien race averse to soda. They have a shape-shifter now living in her place and this post about Coca~cola has alerted the UFO police to begin their search for the REAL Christine.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled programming.

: )

Cari said it was really busy Friday night--really??

Christine said...

Deb,
I didn't think the park was all that busy friday. It went up and down with the weather, but we walked on the Matterhorn, so not that busy by my standards.

Thanks for the newsflash...I was wondering what happened to me. I should have known it was aliens.

:)

Anonymous said...

Haven't been to DL since Senior Trip...lol...

Had a good chuckle re: Coke addiction epiphany. I haven't had a Coke (or Pepsi) since I was about 10 or so but love other carbonated bevs...lol

Age is just a number...at least that is what I keep telling myself as I'm up for the big 3-5 too...lol

Take care,
Amy