Sunday, February 22, 2009

God says I told you so....

Well, as many of you know the last several months at work has been less than great and that is being kind.  But oddly in the last 2 weeks the tides have changed.  I had some time off for my birthday and then I had to do some training at our main facility, 2 different days over the past 2 weeks and truthfully it couldn't have come at a better time.  I was not really looking forward to taking on more responsibility, however I was definitely up for learning new things to change things up a bit.  My caseload at work shifted as well.  Several particularly difficult patients left and being able to go back to my old stomping grounds and be reminded that I am good at what I do was really a gift from God.  So while I still struggle with wanting other things in my life, right now God has once again come in and calmed my restless heart.  It was just the refocus and rejuvenation I needed.  
I'm continually surprised at God's ability to step in just when things seem their worst.  God has done this many times in my life so it speaks to my level of stubbornness that I am still surprised when He answers prayers in ways that are different than what I have requested but somehow better than what I could have wanted.  I believe with all my heart that God knows what we need even when we don't or more specifically we don't want what we need we want what we WANT.  Its in those moments that its hard to see God's blessing, but we have to realize we have been blessed nonetheless.  Would I have preferred God allow Jake and I to win the lottery so I could quit my job and live a life of leisure, heck ya!  God knows however that there is a better plan out there and it once again comes down waiting on His timing not mine.  
So, now I'm grateful that God has brought about renewal in me to continue His work with my patients and will wait patiently for what He has planned next.

post signature

1 comment:

ocm said...

coolio :)

happy to hear things at the ranch are looking up! hopefully you'll be able to have a few more get-a-ways to break things up and give you some respite from the day to day stuff.

: )