Sunday, January 25, 2009

Staying the Course

I know I've posted in the past about how I'm struggling with work.  I'd like to say this is a post about how things have turned around and I'm just totally happy and content with my job, well its not that kind of post. 
 Things are still not good.  There is still pressure to extend patients in order to keep revenue coming in and on top of that I have a caseload full of drug users who, yep you guessed, found a way to use drugs while in treatment.  Its fantastic!  For those of you who don't know me well, that last comment was pure sarcasm.  I keep praying that God would continue to give me the strength to do what I do.  But I can't help ignore the fact that my heart just isn't in it anymore.  That's not to say that I don't have moments when the old fire is there, but those are rare these days.  
I'm saying all of this because while all of this is true I was reminded in church today that God calls us to do things and while He uses our gifts in these situations, He also calls us to make sacrifices.  So, I know that this is only a season, and that other things are around the corner, so I need prayer to stay the course.  As each Monday approaches I feel a sense of doom, starting tomorrow I'm going to try to approach each week with gratitude for a job.  Jake and I are really focusing on getting out of debt, with my salary we can do that faster.  So, for now I sacrifice so that in the future Jake and I can have a worry free life.  And truthfully that is totally worth any sacrifice I might have to make.

post signature

No comments: