Monday, January 19, 2009

Renewal

As much as I love Christmas and the holiday season and as much as I enjoy the cold weather something happens to me when its cold out.  I start feeling stuffy and closed in, things that I normally pay close attention to are let go....like my little toes.  Pedicures aren't quite a priority when its cold out, not sure who made that rule or more importantly why I'm following it but I do.  But I got a pedicure this weekend and I feel renewed.  Maybe it was the facial that went along with it or maybe it was the company(one of our best ideas yet Lees), but I feel fresh this week.  Some other things have changed as well, most of you will probably fall out of your chairs when I say this but I'm going on 2 weeks, that's right 14 days without Coke.  I miss it dearly, its a true treat that I enjoy, but this was one change that I've never been able to make, in the past I've always stopped drinking Coke and started drinking Coke Zero or Diet...YUCK!  But not this time.  Only ice tea, no soda.  Oh, how I miss it.  But I'm also pretty proud of myself, I really didn't think I could do it, but apparently I can...yea Me!  
So, not only did my outside get an early spring spruce up, so did my insides.  So, now since we are having a bit of a warming trend this week I can wear my flip flops proudly and my toes are pretty!  
I've made sure to let Jake know that from now on pedicures need to find a place into the budget because they are so fabulous! 

post signature

1 comment:

Amber@OneMamma said...

Yea for you on the Coke! I am really proud of you since I actually remember (quite graphically) what quitting entailed!

P.S. Do you think Jake can find room in your budget for my toes too???

xoxo