Monday, August 18, 2008

Milestone

Well, this weekend I went to Lake Arrowhead to see my friend Susan and her new little girl.  It was a good trip and a nice break from the heat.  The weather was so nice, words can't describe.  I actually wore a sweater outside, not inside because the air is too low.  What this trip also meant was that for the first time since Jake and I were married we would be sleeping in separate beds in separate states.  I'll admit that at first I didn't really think much of leaving.  I've done it dozens of times before, it was just another trip to Cali; until Friday morning at the airport.  He dropped me off and unloaded my bag and it happened, I started to cry.  It was only 2 days, but the realization that I was going to miss him hit me like a ton of bricks.  Now it wasn't hysterical crying or anything like that, but tears none the less.  Like I said the weekend was great, I had fun with my friends and enjoyed holding the new baby and playing with her.  I would like to go back at some point, hopefully soon.  But it was definitely different, leaving Jake here and not having him there at bedtime.   It was one more reminder that my life is completely different, in all the good ways.  When I got off the plane and saw him waiting for me the tears came again, (Gosh, I'm sounding like such a wimp, what has happened to me?) the realization of how happy I am in my marriage, in the condo and with my new job is overwhelming at times.  Not that there won't be times of trial, but as I teach my patients I'm working on living in the moment, focusing on the fact that I'm happy, not worrying about when the other shoe will drop.   
I wouldn't have traded the weekend for anything, not only did I have a good time with my friends, but I also got to come home to a wonderful husband :)


Prayer Request:  This Friday my application for Licensed Professional Counselor will go in front of the committee for recommendation for licensure.  Please pray that they don't find any other reasons to delay my application and I will be able to finally be done with this process.  If it gets recommended for licensure then on the 5Th of Sept, it will go in front of the Board and my license will be granted.  Thank you in advance for your prayers.

post signature

No comments: