Sunday, December 14, 2008

Whew...What a weekend!

Well, this weekend was a busy one, but it was great!  It started Friday night when we met Amber, Jason and Miss Megan in Glendale for a quick, and I mean quick visit with Santa a little bounce in a house and off to dinner.  We hadn't planned on meeting them in Glendale, but everything just worked out for the best.  Jake had never seen downtown all lit up so it was great.  It was so great to catch up and have lots of laughs over dinner.  Saturday morning I took Jake's Mom Christmas shopping, it was a nice time and its always fun to spend time with her, yes I am talking about my mother in law, what can I say, I'm blessed:).  After a bit of rest Jake and I met Lisa, Wade and all of the Egglets at Zoolights.  Here is the walk way up to the zoo;

Wow, I bet your thinking gosh that's a lot of people, well your right!  We went with the Egglet family last year one weekend later and it wasn't as crazy as it was on Saturday.  I kept saying that it felt like being at Disneyland but not quite as organized.  We had a great time, here is Lees and I at the beginning of the night;
Its always so fun to hang out with them, Jake loves Noah, but shhhhh...don't tell his Mom.  We are already getting those not so subtle baby hints. :) And yep, a newer picture of me and my sweet husband.  
While at the zoo, Noah got a souvenir and so did Jake...this is Jake's new ride along in the work truck.
I told Jake his eyes were a bit freaky, but I guess they grow on you...well...maybe not.  And just as quickly as it started the night ended and Addie was still smiling, of course she was also ready to get down and give the monkeys are run for their money but Lisa managed to keep her out of the monkey cage.  She is just too cute!
Noah took a little time away from looking for airplanes to take a picture with Jake and I. We had a great time.  
As always it was a wonderful time to hang out and visit.  As you can see Jake got to use his new camera and these are just a few of the pictures he took, he was like a paparazzi, there were flashes everywhere.  As I'm writing we are watching Christmas Vacation, a Christmas classic.  Who doesn't experience some part of the Griswold holiday?  I can't believe Christmas is 11 days away.  I'm excited to do some holiday baking next weekend and I'm really looking forward to getting together with family and friends.  This year has already brought so many blessings I'm excited for what the future holds.  


post signature

2 comments:

Auntie Em said...

My dear Chris. Sweetheart you are still glowing as much as the day you and Jake got married. This tells me that you are happier than you have ever been. I'm so very happy for you and Jake.

Tell Jake his pictures are really good. Maybe I'll get a digital after the first of the year. Time will tell as I have so much going on.

Johan and Desiree said...

I will second that. You are glowing beautiful girl!