Sunday, September 28, 2008

What a week!

Well, this week has kicked my butt.  This is the first week since I switched centers that I wanted to just call it a day and go into retail.  I have one patient in particular that has been having a difficult time and then just when I felt that I was able to get her into a good spot another patient goes off the deep end.  And to add insult to injury this was my first week on call.  So needless to say it was a long, long week and an equally long weekend.  I think Jake took the worst of it though.  This was his first real experience with seeing me completely emotionally drained from work.   I felt so bad for him.  Wednesday night I was a shell, I came home and had nothing left and he had been waiting all day to see me and spend time together and all I wanted to do was lay on the couch and not say a word.  As usual he was so patient with me and did everything he could to try to help, but it was useless, I was done for.  I know that what I do is a gift from God, because there are times that I'm not sure how I get through what I do, but there are other times, like this week when I struggle with my Gift.  When I see the impact it has on my sweet husband and how it prevents me from being available for him, I want to give it back.  But we can't do that.  I know I'm called to do both.  Save the lives of others while being a wife to my husband.   I'm learning as I'm sure most of you have learned as well that serving God takes sacrifice.  I know that I am serving God through the job I do and while this week I felt like I was making sacrifice after sacrifice I can trust that I will be rewarded and blessed beyond imagination for being a good and faithful servant.

post signature

No comments: