Sunday, April 5, 2009

Celebration

Friday was Jake's birthday.  We have celebrated all weekend.  Friday night we went to Benihana, if you've never been and you like Asian food I would definitely recommend it.  It is an Asian restaurant where they cook the food in front of you.  It was great!  Jake had such a good time and is still talking about it.  I was so glad that it was a good time for him.  One of my big fears is always making big plans and then those plans not living up to the expectations, but this did.  Here a picture of the evening.  They took this at the restaurant and gave it to us for FREE.

It really was a great night.  We went to lunch with Jake's parents on Saturday and continued the celebration.  It really has been a great weekend.

This month actually signifies more celebration for us.  In just 2 weeks we will have been married for 1 year!!  I can't really believe it.  It seems like longer but in the good way, not in the oh my gosh who did I marry way.  I really do feel like I have known Jake my entire life.  In reality we have known each other for a little over 2 years.  I know I've gloated about him over this past year several times, and I'd like to tell you that now that we've been married for a year that will stop, but...it won't.  He continues to be an amazing husband, and a wonderful friend.

  So, brace yourselves for more bragging. 
 
Our first year together has been amazing and I will write more about that as it gets closer.  We continue to be blessed and I'm sure our next year...years will be equally wonderful.  We have faced trials this year, and I'm sure we will continue to, but its nice to know that when those trials come I have Jake by my side.  

Happy Birthday Honey!



post signature

1 comment:

Amber@OneMamma said...

Hey! Give that Birthday Boy a hug for me. :o)